Fenwick Island is a small area – 320 total acres, to be exact – that is nestled between Maryland’s Ocean City and Delaware’s Bethany Beach, and isn’t technically an island. If you weren’t familiar with the area, you might assume that there’s not much to do or see in this small coastal crown – but you would be mistaken!
Fenwick Island is truly a hidden gem of the Delaware shore. Geographically speaking, it’s a small area – but there sure is a lot to love about Fenwick Island, including the following!:
- Beautiful Delaware shore. The pristine Fenwick Island beach is technically a state park, and there’s plenty of room for you to spread your beach towel and spend all day in the sun and sand – even in the busiest summer months! And if you decide to take a dip in the ocean, you’ll be swimming in water that was ranked number one in the country for water quality by the National Resources Defense Council.
- Friendly neighbors. Fenwick Island is a close-knit community, and becoming a part of it means not only having new neighbors, but new friends as well. This camaraderie is especially evident in Bayside, where neighbors not only become friends, but they become family.
- Excellent local cuisine. Fenwick Island is a haven for foodies, with a variety of incredible dining options to suit your every mood and taste. For such a small area, Fenwick Island is chock full of excellent restaurants, and of course, our Bayside residents don’t even have to leave the community for an excellent casual dining experience at The Cove Bar & Grille!
- Relaxing atmosphere. When you come to Fenwick Island, you can’t help but relax and let all of your worries drift away. Maybe it’s the salty breeze coming from the Atlantic, or maybe it’s the peace and quiet you’ll find in our quaint coastal town, but one thing is for sure – you won’t find a more relaxing spot on the Delaware shore than Fenwick Island!
- Small town charm. There’s an undeniable and unique charm about Fenwick Island, and it’s evident the first time you spend time in our beach town. It’s a culmination of all the above factors, but also an intangible aspect – after spending a summer day in Fenwick Island, you just know it’s special.
Of course, we might be a little biased, but we’d have to say that the very best thing about Fenwick Island is our Bayside community! We truly believe that our expansive amenities and new homes allow for our residents to experience beautiful Fenwick Island in the best way possible.