Having a golf course right down the road is easily one of the best parts of living in a golf course community. What’s even better? The amazing health benefits that come with regular play. According to multiple studies, golfing is one of the best sports for long-term health, making it an enjoyable way to exercise.
Bayside residents reap all of these benefits and more with every round of golf they play!
- Staying Fit: If you walk 18 holes at least once a week, you’ll be walking anywhere from three to seven miles weekly. Walking regularly can help to reduce body weight, bad cholesterol, and blood pressure.
- Bone Health: As we age, it becomes increasingly important to look after our bones. Because golfing is low impact, but still builds muscle, it can help to strengthen bones and reduce injury. Additionally, when you spend the day in the sun, your body produces Vitamin D, essential for strong bones.
- Stress Relief: Every day stresses seem to melt away during a round of golf at Bayside. Being on the beautiful Eastern shore while golfing a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course is enough to forget whatever was bothering you an hour earlier.
- Social: Golf is an incredibly social sport. It’s a great way to meet new friends and catch up with old ones. At Bayside, golfing is a great way to connect with the community and socialize with your new neighbors.
- Focus: Your brain is one of the most important assets to your golf game. A round of golf can help to clear your mind and sharpen your focus – a skill that will carry over into your daily life.
- Better Sleep: After a long day on the golf course, nothing is better than falling into bed and going to sleep. Regular exercise, like golf will help you to fall asleep quickly and stay asleep for the entire night. You’ll wake up feeling rested, refreshed, and ready for another 18 holes!
- Mood Boosting: Enjoying the sport on a gorgeous day with good friends is bound to put you in a good mood that will seep into everything you do. Bayside has so many wonderful amenities, that golf is only just the beginning of a great day!
As you can see, the benefits of golf go far beyond just enjoying the sport. Bayside’s Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, numerous amenities, and friendly community only enhance your golfing experience. Time to hit the links and enjoy!