We have created a Facebook Group called “Bayside Sound Healing Meditation”, where we will gather for a live Sound Meditation on Thursday, April 30 at 10:00am, lead by Julie Fisher, designed to help you get some much needed relaxation and rest. Sound Healing Meditations are very easy – you simply get comfortable and listen as the sounds take you on a journey into rest, healing, inspiration and relaxation. Please tune in 10-15 minutes early so that you have plenty of time to adjust your audio equipment. Beginning at 10:00am, Julie will introduce the instruments and what to expect during the session. The meditation will last 35-45 minutes and be followed by 5-10 minutes of silence, which is necessary to integrate the session. Benefits are feelings of peace, relaxation, and clarity.
Recommendations for getting the most out of this offering:
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Remove yourself from other distractions.
- Use headphones or external speakers – tune-in 10-15 minutes early to experiment with your equipment to discover what sounds best to you.
During the Sound Meditation – Make yourself as physically comfortable as possible:
- lay on the couch
- sit comfortably in a supportive chair
- lay on the floor with your legs up and supported on a sofa or chair
- get cozy in bed
- weather and wifi signal permitting – go outside and lay on the grass
After the Sound Meditation:
- Stay “unplugged” – meaning give yourself the rest of the day off from screen-time
- Journal directly after to capture any ideas or insight that may have come to you during the meditation
- Go for a long walk through the woods
- Do something pleasurable and creative afterwards
- Give yourself a block of unstructured time to nap, relax and just be
- Take a nice warm bath
- Drink plenty of water – sound has a detoxifying effect on the body, so it is important to flush the system for the next 24-48 hours