Preventing Injuries and Making Exercise Safe for Older Adult/Baby Boomers
Unlike their predecessors who didn’t exercise and experienced a high incidence of chronic diseases, baby boomers embrace exercise as a way to remain youthful while staying fit. Bayside members engage in golf, pickle ball, tennis, running, bicycling and swimming on a regular basis as a way of staying fit.
Dr Hooker will address:
- why sports injuries are so prevalent in the older adult
- Most common types of sports injuries and how to prevent them
- Preventing injuries at the Health Club
- Ways to reduce sports injuries
- What to do when you do experience an injury and when it is time to seek out professional help
- When to stop and take some time off!
Dr. Sean Hooker is an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine specialist with Atlantic General Health System. Dr. Hooker has extensive training and experience in providing the latest shoulder, hip and knee replacements.
Although this class is offered free of charge, preregistration is required.