Chris Garland, Senior Vice President of The Carl M Freeman Companies welcomed everyone and extended warm holidays wishes.
The Carl M Freeman Companies and Troon offices were relocated to Route 54
- Introduced new builders to the community: Schell, Echelon, Marnie Homes and custom home program
- New Sun Ridge pool and expanded snack bar
- Retail Parcel – Development and construction beginning now for the retail pads and pond; CVS – DelDot hearing on the left-in turn pending; builder permit has been filed; McDonalds-conversations ongoing
- Launch of new website (livebayside.com)
- Purchased “The Knox Property” – a mix of 90 singles, duplexes and townhomes on Sand Cove Road across from the former Freeman office location
- Sales and Information Center opened in November; welcome Eileen Walling to the CMFC team
- 2013 lot sales – 57 lot sales plus 14 lots sold in Sea Grass Bend and Coastal Crossing
2014 lot sales – 70 total – tracking higher this year due to more lot availability in Coastal Crossing, Sea Grass Bend, custom lots, Knox Property and Village C
- Increase community outreach – increase presence and dialogue between developer and homeowners
- Finalize land plan through Village C – including The Point. Segmentation is an importance piece of the land plan and will include singles, mixed product and condo design.
Indoor Pool and Fitness Center
- Design and programming meetings are occurring now with the intent that final design and budget are completed by the end of 2014.
- Construction on Fitness Center to begin with an additional 150 members. Current membership numbers are tracking for the additional 150 to occur within the next two years.
- In tandem with planning and design of the Indoor Pool and Fitness Center, the planning and design for the Town Center is also occurring, with the intent that design will be complete by the end of 2014.
- Road re-alignment and permanent Sales and Information Center will be the first piece of the Town Center.
- CMFC is working closely with the Joshua M Freeman Foundation to coordinate the look and feel of the Town Center.
Open Discussion and Q&A
- Playground move to Sun Ridge – it will be moved to Sun Ridge mid-January to first of February. Passive activity will be left in the current location of the Commons Playground.
- New Water Tower – construction will begin 3rd quarter of 2014. Easement will be on the 9th hold between the ladies’ and men’s tee.
- Suggestion made for community members to be on a “Design Committee” — The community outreach planned by the developer in 2014 will allow more community members to offer feedback and suggestions.
- Community Center or Community Room – developer stated that the “flex room” currently in the designs for the fitness center might be used as the Community Room.
- Timing of Construction within new neighborhoods – finished lots tracking for March/April, with home construction by builders beginning April/May.
- Post Office – current Commons Post Office will be covered in the 1st quarter of 2014 and a new Post Office location has been considered within the Town Center.
- Bike and walking paths to The Point – intent is for safe bike and pedestrian traffic to The Point during construction of the new neighborhoods and water tower.
- Signature Blvd intersection – developer will look into what can be done with the 4-way intersection on Signature Blvd; possibly adding additional sidewalk on opposite street so pedestrians will not have to cross the street.