After another wonderful Memorial Day at Bayside, we can really start to get excited for the upcoming beach season. And, being just 4 miles to the beaches, residents at Bayside certainly can appreciate the perfect beach outing!
With sand, surf, and sun in the near future, we’ve compiled a list of ways to ensure you get the absolute most from your beach season at Bayside. Here’s how you can be best prepared for all the fun that’s in store!
- Find the right sunscreen – Wearing sunscreen is so important, especially when you’re active outdoors and swimming in the ocean. Find a brand that works best for you and your family and be sure to stock up. It’s best to reapply regularly for the most coverage!
- Gather the beach essentials – What kind of shape is your beach blanket in? Is it time to invest in a new kite or a few new beach toys? If you head to the beach often, it’s likely your beach accessories experienced a little wear and tear along the way. Why not freshen up the collection this summer with a new beach toy or towel? This is a great way to give a little more variety to a day at the beach.
- Evaluate last year’s bathing suits – Kids grow fast, meaning last summer’s bathing suit may no longer fit. Before hitting the beach for the first time, check to make sure everyone’s suits are in working order. You’ll be glad you did!
- Consider swim lessons – If your children are younger, consider signing them up for a swim lesson. This may help them to feel more at ease when swimming in the ocean, and gives you peace of mind when hitting the beach.
- Review any beach rules – And, speaking of staying safe in the surf, remind your family of beach etiquette and listening to the lifeguards. Your fellow beach-goers will appreciate it!
Do you have even more ways to ready the troops for the beach? Share them with us on Facebook – your neighbors at Bayside are sure to thank you!