2020 Bayside Challenge
August 1, 2020
Schedule of Events
- July 31st pick up events passport and group assignment at the Health and Aquatic Club before closing at 7:00pm
- 9:30am-11:45am Competitions will be held at The Health & Aquatic Club, Sun Ridge and Commons.
- Participant will receive a group assignment with a starting location and specific rotation.
- Event time blocks are 9:30am – 10:15am, 10:15am – 11:00am, 11:00am – 11:45am
- Boat Race 12:30pm – 1:45pm at The Health & Aquatic Club
- The pool will be closed. | No reservations will be required.
- All spectators & race participants over 12 years will need a face mask on the pool deck.
- Awards announced at 2:15pm
- Live music with The Stims from 3:30pm – 7:00pm at Sun Ridge
Participants will register as a family group and compete in one of four age groups:
- Participants will need to move through events and locations with their family group.
- Age groups will be announced the day of the race depending on registration. Competition will be calculated within age groups.
- Champions and runner-ups will be awarded in each age group. Points will be awarded based on each individual event. Bonus points will be awarded for completing all events! In the instance of a tie for placement, the participants involved in the tie will participate in a tie breaker.
Boat Race Regulations
Boats must have sides, a minimum of 1 foot tall from keel to topside. Participants from any and every age group may work together or individually to pre-build a boat out of nothing other than cardboard and duct tape. A standard paddle will be provided and must be on the boat during the race. Racers may use only one additional paddle made from cardboard and duct tape. Boats should be lined up at The Health & Aquatic Club by 12:30 sharp! During the actual race, the teams will race against other teams in a timed event to see who can paddle their boat across the 25m pool in the fastest time. There will be one overall winning team the boat race. Points will not be awarded towards the overall champion competition.
Pre-registration is required by Wednesday, July 29th. A registration form must be filled out by/for each participant. Primary members, extended family members and their guests with valid Bayside ID cards, only please.
CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM
Please submit form to Sun Ridge or The Health & Aquatic Club